Cambodian lost temples discovery – 5 days 4 nights
Angkor Wat and Siem Reap are not to be missed, but you may find it a bit crowded. Enjoying this Cambodia motorcycle tour and going in remote areas to find lost temples is just unforgettable.
Destinations: Phnom Penh – Kompong Cham – Kompong Thom – Sambour Preah Kuk – Tbeang Meanchey - Preah Vihear temple – Chaom Khsan – Koker – Siem Reap – Kompong Thom
- - Visit many lost, hidden mysterious temples of Cambodia.
- - Enjoy the primitive stunning landscape on the way.
Day 1: Phnom Penh - Kompong Cham - Kompong Thom (230 km)
- - After a delicious breakfast we will begin a motorbike trip from our kompongthom motorbike tourshop and we will get used to the fresh maintained bikes and the chaotic traffic of Cambodia.
- - We will ride a motorcycle through a nice small fishing village with friendly people along the Mekong River.
- - Kompong Cham will be the place for lunch.
- - We will keep riding through a rubber plantations near Kompong Cham and arrive around 5 pm in Kompong Thom.
- - Overnight in local hotel.
Day 2: Kompong Thom - Sambour Preah Kuk - Tbeang Meanchey (180 km)
- - In the morning we will make a trip to the temples of Sambour Preah Kuk.
- - A guide will bring us around the 1000-year-old temple complex and will explain us the history of the Khmer culture.
- - A long gravel road leads us to Tbeang Meanchey. To enjoy the ride we will get off the road if there is enough time.
- - This evening we will have a dinner at a traditional BBQ Restaurant.
- - Overnight in local guest house.
Day 3: Tbeang Meanchey - Preah Vihear - Chaom Khsan (150 km)
- - One of the most significant temples in Cambodia is the Prasath preah vihear temple on a 500 m high plateau on the borderline to Thailand.
- - We will make an exploration to this site for an hour before we get to Chaom Khsant, a nearby village on the edge of the Dangrek Mountains in the North of Cambodia where will stay overnight.
Day 4: Choam Khsan - Koker - Siem Reap (230 km)
- - Since the year 2004, tourists will have chances to see the temples of Koker again.
- - The Khmer Rouge during the civil war in the 70's has heavily mined them.
- - As it is safe now this less travelled place of Cambodia will be our destination for lunch.
- - In the evening we will take a ride to Siem Reap and might enjoy a traditional seeing hands massage made by blind peoole.
- - Overnight in local hotel.
Day 5: Siem Reap - Kompong THom - Phnom Penh (190 km)
- - The last day we will go 45 kilometres on the highway to see the ancient bridge 1000 years old at Kampung Kdey.
- - We will take a sandy trails throught the small villages and cross the Tonle Sap by ferry and have a look to the small fishing villages on the river.
- - Around 5pm we will get back to our base in Phnom Penh.
- - After this motorbike trip there will be a lot of stories for sharing. So let’s meet in the evening for a cold beer on the Riverside!
- Professional tour guide with his bike
- Honda XR250, Baja or XR400
- 3rd party liability insurance
- Helmet, goggles, gloves, elbow and knee pads set
- River crossings
- Hotel pick-up
- Personal insurance
- Damages to motorcycle
- Alcohol and soft drinks
- Airport transfer and pick-up
- Entrance fees for temples, national park or ferry
- Support vehicle on request ($180/day to be shared among the participants)
- Personal expenses