Cambodian Mountain motor adventure – 6 days 5 nights
You will have chances to admire The Cardamom Mountains region - the largest wilderness in mainland Southeast Asia, preserving a remarkable number of species that are endangered (and in some cases extinct) elsewhere in the world and discover lifestyles of some ethic minorites like The Porr...
Destinations: Phnom Penh - Kompong Speu - Veal Veng - Koh Kong
- - Get challenges with riding to the Camboidian mountainous area.
- - Overnight in traditional local house.
- - Learn more about ethnic minorities in Cambodia mountain range
Day 1: Phnom Penh - Kompong Speu
- - We will transfer from Phnom Penh to Kompong Speu, where we leave the highway and join the winding ox-cart track through Aural National Park to Sophat.
- - We stay overnight here in a traditional village house.
Day 2: Cardamom mountains
- - Riding along a challenging jungle path and crossing numerous rickety bridges through Araing and Thmor Bang, we enter the Cardamom Mountains.
- - After two days, we ride a motorcycle to the coastal border town of Koh Kong.
Day 3: Koh Kong
- - We will make a motorbike trip towards the jungle trail through bamboo groves and rocky inclines to a set of river rapids.
- - Cool off in the waters of the Ka Pow River, before returning to Koh Kong for the night.
Day 4: Local villages in O'Saom
- - We start a motorcyle trip through the Cardamoms, along the most extreme trail Cambodia has to offer, until we reach O' Saom.
- - This isolated village is completely cut off from civilisation during the rainy season is completely self-sufficient, with its own homegrown fruits and vegetables and freshwater supply.
- - Villagers also report the occasional glimpse of wild crocodiles. Here you have the option of either camping out or staying at their own guesthouse!
Day 5: Veal Veng
- - We keep riding our journey along the trail to Veal Veng, another veal veng motorbike tourremote village where we stop for lunch.
- - Leaving Veal Veng, we take a ride to the town of Pursat, famous for its marble sculpting, where we stay the night.
Day 6: Phnom Penh
- - After an off-road adventure that rivals the best, it's plain sailing from Pursat along a new tarmac road, passing through Kompong Chhnang en route to Phnom Penh.
- Professional tour guide with his bike Honda motorbike
- 3rd party insurance - Applies only for riders having motorbike driving licence.
- A cambodian driving licence will have to be purchased (45$)
- Helmet, goggles, gloves, elbow and knee pads set River crossings
- Hotel pick-up
- Entrance fees for temples, national park or ferry
- Personal insurance
- Damages to motorcycle
- Alcohol and soft drinks
- Airport transfer and pick-up
- Support vehicle on request ($180/day to be shared among the participants)
- Personal expenses