Full day cycling around Hanoi
This 40 km loop includes biking through Hanoi and its surrounding countryside. Pass by floating pottery villages on the banks of the Red River, flower gardens, through village lanes, alongside lotus lakes and one of the most revered Buddhist pagodas in Vietnam. Get away from the traffic and discover a side of Hanoi that’s almost impossible to come across your path when you are on your own.
- Depart from Sofitel Plaza Hanoi Hotel this morning at 08:30 and cycle toward the old quarter.
- Glimpse into the heart of everyday Hanoi life – families taking their children to school, traders selling all kinds of wares and people sitting at street side stalls eating Pho and drinking tea.
- Cross the Red River over the iconic Long Bien Bridge which was completed in 1902 and rub shoulders with locals on their way to work.
- Quickly leaving the city behind, the route weaves out into open farm land along the banks of the Red River.
- Board a small local ferry to cross a small river and emerge into the north shore.
- Ride along a dyke road with views of the river and farmland dotted with small villages and rice fields.
- The route criss - crosses through unvisited villages before crossing the Thang Long Bridge and lunch at a riverside café.
- After lunch, ride to the north end of Hanoi’s largest lake, Tay Ho. Cruise along the edge of the lake, passing lotus gardens (best seen in summer months) to one of the most revered Buddhist pagodas in Vietnam and take a wander through the pagoda area.
- Peddle onwards through quiet back streets to experience suburban life before finally reaching the Sofitel Plaza Hanoi. Estimated time of return is 16:00.
- Responsible Travel: Travelling by bicycle is an eco-friendly, emissions-free way to sightsee.
Note: This itinerary may alter due to local conditions, the strength of the group and other unexpected circumstances.
- Exotissimo English speaking first aid qualified biking guide. (two guides for group greater than 10)
- Quality Trek Mountain bikes with helmets.
- Ferry ticket – for cyclists and bikes
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- Snacks and water.
- Vietnam visa arrangements (a visa to Vietnam is compulsory for most nationalities).
- International and domestic flights (quoted separately).
- Vehicle support.
- Transport to/from Starting and Ending point – Sofitel Plaza Hotel.
- Camera/video entrance fees.
- Personal expenses (drinks, laundry, telephone, tips etc).
- Travel insurance (please see below).
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of offer. Past this date price and conditions may be readjusted.
- The cost of air tickets is subject to c