Cycling Day Trip in Hoa Lu and Tam Coc
Spend a day cycling to discover North Vietnam’s cultural heritage and natural beauty! This adventure starts south of Hanoi in the former capital ofHoa Lu and takes you to beautiful Tam Coc. En-route, you will cover more than 45 kilometers as you cycle past ancient temples and the ‘Halong- Bay-on-Land’, an area where limestone karsts rise dramatically from the rice fields.
- Depart your hotel this morning at 0800 for the 2-hour drive through rural northern Vietnam to the site of Vietnam’s first capital, Hoa Lu.
- Have the bike fitted and start the trail route cycling to the temples dedicated to Emperor Dinh Tien Hoang of the Dinh Dynasty (968-80), and Emperor Le Dai Hanh of the Le Dynasty (980-1009). The ancient Hoa Lu Citadel (most of which have since been destroyed) once covered an area of three square kilometers.
- Continue cycling for 1-hour to Tam Coc through stunning limestone karst valleys surrounded by picturesque fields and villages, along the way stop where you wish to take photographs.
- On arrival in Tam Coc, have a Vietnamese lunch. After your meal, board your private sampan for a leisurely 2.5-hour cruise.
- As the boat gently slices through the water, notice the enormous limestone karsts jutting out from the green rice fields giving rise to Hoa Lu’s other name, ‘Halong on Land’.
- Should you feel adventurous, climb up to Bich Dong Pagoda on nearby Ngu Nhac Mountain, dating to 1428 and comprising three structures: Ha, Trung, and Thuong Pagodas, in ascending order.
- Make your way back by sampan to Tam Coc town before returning to Hanoi by vehicle, arrive in the late afternoon.
(Ride up to 40km)
Note: This itinerary may alter due to local conditions, the strength of the group and other unexpected circumstances.
- Exotissimo experienced English speaking biking guide(s) (two guides for group greater than 11).
- Quality Trek Mountain bikes with helmets.
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicles & all entrance fees as mentioned in the program. (1- 2 pax: 16s; 3-6 pax:16s + truck; 7-10 pax: 30s + truck; 11-14 pax: 35s + truck; 15-19 pax: 45s + 2 truck)
- International and domestic flights.
- Travel insurance.
- Drinks and meals not mentioned in program.
- Tips and personal Expenses.
- Airport taxes.
- Any other service not mentioned.