Cycle to Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh City
Delve deep into the heart of southern Vietnam as you explore the Mekong Delta on two wheels. Traveling by bike, you’ll get a unique perspective on this scenic area as you witness first-hand the daily lives of the region's inhabitants. Starting from the town of Cai Be, cycle 30kms exploring the myriad of orchards, rice fields, tiny villages, canals and local temples.
- Depart from Ho Chi Minh City at 0800 and transfer by vehicle out of Saigon to the town of Cai Lay to avoid the teeming traffic.
- Your cycling adventure begins with a 1.5 hour ride through quiet back roads to Cai Be.
- Rest and refuel as you enjoy a delicious lunch of Mekong specialties on a small Mekong island before continuing pedaling to a local garden home. Their typical Mekong Delta Vietnamese house has airy rooms surrounded by dirt paths which are perfect for exploring by bike!
- The rest of the afternoon is free to bike the dirt paths surrounding the local home. In the late afternoon return to Saigon by vehicle.
(Ride up to 30 km)
Note: This itinerary may alter due to local conditions, the strength of the group and other unexpected circumstances.
- Exotissimo English speaking biking guide, first-aid qualified. (Two guides for group greater than 10).
- Quality Trek Mountain bikes with helmets
- Transfers as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicles
- All entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
- International and domestic flights.
- Travel insurance.
- Drinks and meals not mentioned in program.
- Tips and personal Expenses
- Airport taxes.
- Any other service not mentioned