Half Day at The Hoa Tuc Cooking School in Ho Chi Minh City
Located in the charming grounds of the former Opium Refinery Factory of Indochina, the Hoa Tuc Cooking School offers an enjoyable way to learn a more in depth view on Vietnamese Cuisine. An introduction to different types of foods will be given by the chef at a local market and you'll then have the chance to cook and prepare the food before sitting down to devour your creation!
- Discover the most delectable face of Vietnamese culture in this hands-on cooking class in the heart of downtown Ho Chi Minh City.
- The 5 simple steps of the Hoa Tuc Cooking Class Experience are: Learn, listen, watch, cook, enjoy!
- First: Visit a local market to learn more on the diversity of Vietnamese ingredients.
- Second: At Hoa Tuc Cooking School. Listen to an introduction of the menu from the Vietnamese chef.
- Third: watch the chef prepare the dishes.
- Fourth: it’s your turn!
- Fifth: relax and enjoy the dishes prepared while drinking ‘Tra Da’ (local Vietnamese style iced tea).
- In 3-hours you will learn how to cook a tasty 3-course Vietnamese meal which is easy to recreate at home.
- Each of the courses consists of a ‘savory Asian style roll’ and its sauce, a salad and a hot dish. To end with a sweet touch, complete the meal with a delicious seasonal dessert.
- Morning departures at 0830 from the market or afternoons at 0200 (without market visit) at the cooking school.
- Closed on Mondays
- Private transportation (no guide) is included to and from Hoa Tuc Cooking School. The cooking class is on a join-in basis.
- Children from 7-years old are welcome (at additional surcharge).
- No MSG is used, and most meat dishes can be made in either seafood or vegetarian versions on request.
- Classes are taught by a Vietnamese chef in English.
- Tours and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles with driver only
- English speaking chef (for the cooking class only)
- Cooking class & meal including the dishes prepared & dessert
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance