A Day Ben Tre Mekong Excursion
Situated in the lush delta of Mekong River, Ben Tr is renowned throughout Vietnam for its beauty. An oasis in the scorching tropic sun: a patch of palms shadow the land - the coconuts swell heavy with sweet milk...
Having complex network of rivers and canals, Ben Tre has advantage to develop ecotourism with many green fruit gardens. Ben Tre is the granary of Mekong Delta. There are agriculture productions such as rice, corn, pineapple, custard-apple, star apple, durian, mango, longan, and many more. Industrial trees are tobacco, sugar-cane, and cotton. Especially, Ben Tre is homeland of coconut. It is known with Ben Tre coconut candy, My Long Cai Mon flower and ornamental plant.
- 08:30: depart from the southern economic hub of Ho Chi Minh City to the area referred locally as ‘the rice bowl of Vietnam’.
- On arrival in Ben Tre Province head towards Tien Giang where you will board your local boat for a cruise among the aptly named Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle and Phoenix Islands.
- En-route visit a small factory producing handicrafts made of coconut and Turtle Island, where a stop will be made in a tropical orchard to taste some exotic fruit.
- After the boat trip, take a ride on a horse driven cart along country roads to a famed garden for a honey tasting session.
- Continue on a smaller rowing boat for a more adventurous cruise on the Xep Canal which is set amongst a forest of palm trees.
- In the afternoon return to Ben Tre/My Tho for lunch and a visit to Vinh Trang Pagoda before heading back to Ho Chi Minh City where you will arrive in the late afternoon. (L)