A Day Cai Be & Vinh Long adventure
Spend a day exploring the markets, emerald rice fields and lush back waterways of the Mekong Delta. Leave the city behind and journey to Cai Be and Vinh Long.
See the picturesque flat rice fields, Witness the daily activities on the Cai Be floating market, Wander into the small villages to visit the orchard and fruit plantation, Enjoy the traditional southern Vietnamese folk music.
- 6.30 AM: Pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city. Depart for Cai Be by car/van via Trung Luong Express Highway, stopping to take photos in Tan An town overlooking the picturesque flat rice fields.
- 9.30 AM: On arrival in Cai Be, set off by motor boat to visit the Cai Be floating market and watch the locals trading fruit and many other commodities on board their vessels.
- Visit a small family business to see how coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn are made.
- Then wander into the small villages to visit the orchard and fruit plantation, accompanied by traditional southern Vietnamese folk music.
- 11.30 AM: Keep cruising to a series of small canals to experience the charms of the Upper Mekong Delta.
- Arrive in Tan Phong island, join to a cooking class.
- Enjoy your cooking experience and learn how to prepare special Vietnamese dishes.
- Food cooked by yourself and fresh river food served in the heart of the garden. Relax on the hammocks to get back your energy.
- 14.00 PM: Cycle around the village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden. Meet the local islanders to learn more about the local daily life in the Mekong delta.
- 15:00 PM: Take a boat ride back to Cai Be, meet the car/van for the trip back to Ho Chi Minh city.
- This tour is non private.
Price per person in USD
Seasonal prices apply and will be confirmed when booking!
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- Tours (cooking class, bicycle)and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance