Cai Be – Sa Dec – Long Xuyen cruise excursion – 3 days 2 nights
Let join a cruise along waterway on Mekong river and discover the hidden charm of Mekong Delta region. In addition to boat trip, this tour offers you a chance to get closed to local life in this area by visiting their fruit orchards.
Cai Be is one of the various well-known floating markets in the western region of southern Vietnam formed in the Nguyen Dynasty in the 19th century. The Cai Be Floating Market is always busy, bearing all the characteristics of the locals’ life in the western region.
A cluster of brick and tile kilns on the riverbank announces your arrival in the charming town of Sa Dec, a little over 20km upriver of Vinh Long. The famous french novelist Marguerite Duras lived here as a child, and decades later the town’s stuccoed shophouse terraces, riverside mansions and remarkably busy stretch of the rumbling Mekong provided the backdrop for the movie adaptation of her novel The Lover.
Although Long Xuyen floating market is not as famous as others in the southern region, tourists will still feel the generosity of southerners. Long Xuyen floating market is one of the most important in the Mekong Delta.
Destinations: Cai Be - Sa Dec - Long Xuyen
- - Enjoy 2 nights on luxury cruise.
- - Learn more about the life of people in this area.
- - Experience local foods and fresh fruits.
Day 1: Embark Cai Be - Sa Dec (L, D)
- - 10.00am: arrive Cai Be, small motor boat trip to explore the lively Cai Be floating market in the morning.
- - Walking for visit a handicraft village of the local people then sightseeing the old house and sample various tropical fruits.
- - Continue boat trip to Mekong Lodge – an eco-resort Mekong Lodge includes 29 private pretty bungalows and River View Restaurant, stretched in an area of more than 10.000 m2 lays just beside the Tien River.
- - Visit Mekong Lodge and walking around this area to see local people who are doing daily activities and preparing lunch for their families.
- - Embark Le Cochinchine/Mekong Emotion boat, welcome drink and check in cabin.
- - Lunch served on board.
- - After lunch, cruise depart from Cai Be to Sa Dec via My Thuan, a nice and quiet town overlooking Mekong river.
- - Up to river tide, stop en route to visit brickyard handricarft villages a long the Mekong River.
- - Relax on boat while sipping an aperitif .
- - Dinner and overnight on board in Sa Dec.
Day 2: Sa Dec - Long Xuyen (B, L, D)
- - Breakfast on board while seeing activities on Mekong River in Sa Dec in the sunrise.
- - After breakfast, start excursion to visit Sa Dec town where Margueritte Duras's famous novel Lover was set and made famous by the film L’Amant, the Marguerite Duras story and explore this town.
- - Visit the lively Sa Dec food market and primary school headed by Magueritte Duras.
- - Visit a bonsai garden by walking or biking along the village path and get yourself acquaintance with rural activities as farmers farm their fields: rice fields, and vegetable farms, fish farms.
- - Cruise continue to Long Xuyen. Leisurely cruise up the Mekong River while enyoying the beautiful scenery and the aperitifs and sunset cruise.
- - Dinner and nite on board in Long Xuyen.
Day 3: Long Xuyen - Disembark (B)
- - In the morning, the noise of the floating market wake you up, visit the daily life of the local people who live on both sides of the Mekong river breakfast on board.
- - Then our small boat pick up and boat trip to explore Long Xuyen floating markets & floating villages for colors, smells and tastes, and they gather together countryside people for sharing goods and news from families living often in remote places: an authentic Vietnamese culture experience.
- - Continue boat trip to Ong Ho island (Cu Lao Ong Ho - Museum of the 2nd President of the Vietnam), bike ride on the footpaths of the countryside of Ong Ho island to discover tropical fruit orchards and local people's