Climbing & kayaking in Halong Bay – 4 days 3 nights
The tour includes such sights as Halong bay, Lien Minh village, Cat Ba town, Cat Ba National Park. Different outdoor activities have been added to the tour – kayaking Halong bay, kayaking Cat Ba Island, jungle trek Cat Ba national park, rock climbing Lien Minh village. You will have the opportunity to spend one night on board junk, two night at hotel in Cat Ba Island. Luxury beach resort is also available for luxury travel requirements.
Destinations: Hanoi - Cat Ba island - Halong Bay
- Beautiful and different kayaking route.
- Amazing limestone formations.
- Full equipped luxury overnight junk.
- Rock climbing in Cat Ba Island.
Day 1: Hanoi - Cat Ba Island (L & G)
- - Pick up at hotel for a two hour journey through the rich farmlands of the Red River Delta to the township of Hai Phong City.
- - On arrival, board a hydrofoil heading forward to Cat Ba Island. Arrive in Cat Ba town, check in hotel and have lunch.
- - Transfers to Cat Ba National Park for a three hour trekking through the tropical jungle. We conquer Ngu Lam summit, where we can have a breathtaking panoramic view of the surrounding area below.
- - On the our way back to town, we stop en route to visit the Quan Y “Solders Cave”, which was once used as the hospital for Vietnamese war wounds during the “American War”.
- - The remainder of the day is at our own leisure. Dinner and overnight in Cat Ba Island.
Day 2: Cat Ba Rock Climbing (B, L & G)
- - Sets out for a twenty minute ride along the beautiful coast line of Cat Ba Island and into the lush green hills of secluded Lien Minh Village.
- - Soon we’ll find ourselves in the remote and breathtaking Butterfly Valley, Lien Minh with only twelve farming family inhabitants.
- - Here is where we will meet our certified climbing guides who will outfit us with UIAA licensed climbing gear.
- - We may choose from a variety of routes up the sheer limestone cliffs. Our professional guides will set up secure top-rope systems so we can ascend the rock safely and worry free.
- - Climb as high as we feel comfortable and don’t forget to look down! Viewing the stunning valley from a position we created is rewarding!
- - It’s a unique, active, and authentic experience that can gain. We will visit a local farm where we are treated by a delicious locally prepared meal under a hand-made bamboo enclosure.
- - Enjoy a wide spread of foods supporting the local economy and feel free to interact with the genuine, friendly, and kind indigenous peoples of Lien Minh.
- - Returns to the hotel for dinner and the second night in Cat Ba.
Day 3: Cat Ba Island - Halong Bay Kayaking (B, L, D & G)
- - Have breakfast and checks out hotel, transferred to the dock and board a traditional junk to cruise toward Halong Bay.
- - Later we explore the bay by 2 hour kayaking through the bay into hidden lagoons and around dotted limestone islets.
- - We also get dropped off at small private beaches to swim and relax (weather permitting).
- - Retire to the junk and enjoy a scrumptious lunch on board.
- - Continues to kayak to discover untouched area and limestone caves.
- - We can also relax on the top deck using the sun-tanning area or enjoy a refreshing drink from the bar.
- - Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 4: Halong Bay - Hanoi (B, L & G)
- - Rise to the tranquil beauty of the bay, we have time for a swim followed by breakfast on board.
- - Then, kayak to Luon Cave to admire its unique rock formations.
- - We may be able to see flocks of wild monkeys coming down for food.
- - We will then return to the boat for a final glimpse of Ha Long Bay and check out of cabins.
- - Returns to the main harbor before transferring to our awaiting vehicle for a 3 hour journey back to Hanoi.
- - End of services.
- Full equipped en-suite cabin with A/C, hot water
- Private transfers on tours (except shuttle bus: Halong Bay – Hanoi)
- Meals as specified (no drink)
- English-speaking guide
- Mineral water and cold towel on car/van/bus
- Entrance and sightseeing fees
- Sit-in kayak (single or double depending on availability)
- Accommodation based on twin shared room at selected hotels with daily breakfast
- UIAA certified Climbing Equipment, Climbing Shoes and standard kayaks
- Vietnam visa arrangements (If required)
- Drinks & Other personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Others not mentioned in the itinerary
Accommodation offer in this trip:
In Cat Ba Island
Luxury: Cat Ba Sunrise Resort - newly built beach resort overlooking Lan Ha Bay
Deluxe: Cat Ba Island Resort & Spa - newly built beach resort overlooking the bay
Budget: Holiday View Hotel – A new high-rise building overlooking Lan Ha Bay, close to the beaches
In Halong Bay
Luxury: Seawind Cruise - Designed in a traditional style and well equipped with modern facilities
Deluxe: Lagoon Explorer Cruise - Designed after the traditional boats and for expedition
Budget: Annam Junk - Uniquely designed and hand-built with luxurious interior and a wide selection of cabin
* Please note that Vietnam hotels do not recognise provisional reservations, so specific hotels cannot be guaranteed until you have booked your chosen tour. As many of the better hotels are often full during the October to April peak season, early booking is advisable.