Cruising from Cai Be to My Tho – 2 days 1 night
The trip is a perfect combination between motor boat trip visiting Cai Be floating market, walking tour into local village and enjoying fresh local fruits and foods.
Cai Be is one of the various well-known floating markets in the western region of southern Vietnam formed in the Nguyen Dynasty in the 19th century. The Cai Be Floating Market is always busy, bearing all the characteristics of the locals’ life in the western region.
Located in the southwest of Ho Chi Minh city, leave behind the busy life and head into the pastoral surrounds of the Mekong Delta’s upper plains. The delta is too modest to flaunt its full beauty so soon, but glimpses of rice fields hint at things to come, their burnished golds and brilliant greens interspersed with the occasional white ancestral grave. Seventy kilometres out of Ho Chi Minh City lies My Tho, an amiable market town that nestles on the north bank of the Mekong River’s northern strand, the Tien Giang, or Upper River.
Destinations: Ho Chi Minh city - Cai Be - My Tho
- - Visit Cai Be floating market.
- - Enjoy walking for visit a handicraft village of the local people and taste their fresh fruits.
- - Stay overnight on the cruise.
Day 1: Embark Cai Be - My Tho (Lunch, Dinner)
- - In the morning, our shuttle bus will pick you up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city center and depart for Cai Be pier.
- - 10.00 am: arrive Cai Be, small motor boat trip to explore the lively Cai Be floating market in the morning.
- - Walking for visit a handicraft village of the local people then sightseeing the old house and sample various tropical fruits.
- - Continue boat trip to Mekong Lodge – an eco-resort Mekong Lodge includes 29 private pretty bungalows and River View Restaurant, stretched in an area of more than 10.000 m2 lays just beside the Tien River.
- - Visit Mekong Lodge and walking around this area to see local people who are doing daily activities and preparing lunch for their families.
- - Embark Le Cochinchine/Mekong Emotion boat, welcome drink and check in cabin.
- - Lunch served on board.
- - After lunch, cruise depart from Cai Be to My Tho via Ngu Hiep island.
- - 02.30pm: arrive Ngu Hiep island.
- - Disembark and leisure biking or walking tour on this island seeing daily life and local people’s activities.
- - Leisurely cruise down the Mekong River while enyoying the beautiful scenery and enjoy the magnificent sunset on the Tien river.
- - Dinner and overnight on board between Ngu Hiep island and My Tho.
Day 2: My Tho - Disembark (B)
- - In the morning, the noise of the boats wake you up, watch the daily life of the local people who live on both sides of the Mekong river, breakfast on board.
- - Continue cruising to My Tho.
- - After breakfast, check out luggages to small motor boat to explore one of the islands in My Tho.
- - The guests can walk throught the island, trying native fruits viewing local handicraft production and meeting the local people. Then take a brief sampan ride throught palm-shaded creeks.
- - 10:00am: boat transfer returned to My Tho tourist pier, disembark then get back the car for Saigon or another destination. The trip ends.