Cu Chi Tunnel & Mekong excursion – 2 days 1 night
Cu Chi tunnel is famed for its essential contribution to Vietnam's victory in the America war. With a complex and undetectable tunnel system, it was a safe hidden place for many high ranked Viet Cong's leader as well as many vietnamese soldiers.
Visitors to Ho Chi Minh City should not miss the chance to visit and see it for themselves. Cu Chi tunnels cover over 250 km with several stories deep – some of them probably even still undiscovered.
Cai Be is one of the various well-known floating markets in the western region of southern Vietnam formed in the Nguyen Dynasty in the 19th century. The Cai Be Floating Market is always busy, bearing all the characteristics of the locals’ life in the western region. This floating market lies in the Tien River, adjacent to three provinces of Tien Giang, Vinh Long and Ben Tre – Mekong delta. It has attracted a lot of people come to buy sell and exchange goods.
Destinations: Ho Chi Minh city - Cu Chi Tunnel - Cai Be floating market - Tan Phong island
- - Visit Cu Chi Tunnel and learn more about Vietnam's history.
- - Enjoy the boat trip exploring Cai Be floating market and experience the life of local people.
- - Overnight in Mekong Riverside Resort.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh city - Cu Chi Tunnel - Mekong Riverside Resort (L)
- - At 8 am, our car and tour guide will meet you at your hotel and depart for Cu Chi Tunnel.
- - Arrive in Cu Chi Tunnel, watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed.
- - Spend the next hour exploring the tunnels.
- - Enjoy tea, cassava (guerrilla’s food during the war).
- - Have lunch at local restaurant.
- - After lunch time, continue driving to Vinh Long Province.
- - Uppon arrival, check in Mekong Riverside Resort. Overnight there.
Day 2: Cai Be floating market - Tan Phong island (B, L)
- - At 8 am, wake up in the moring and enjoy the fresh air of the peaceful village and breakfast before leaving to visit Cai Be floating market by motor boat.
- - Arrive in Cai Be floating market, watch the locals trading fruit and many other commodities on board their vessels.
- - Then cycling to the villages to visit the orchard and fruit plantation, time to enjoy one kind of folksong music in Southern.
- - Keep cruising to Vinh Long through a series of small canals to experience the charms of the Upper Mekong Delta.
- - Visit a small family business to see how coconut candy, rice – paper cake and crispy rice popcorn are made.
- - Have lunch in local restaurant .
- - Take a boat ride back Cai Be, meet the car for the trip get back to Ho Chi Minh city.
- - Arrive in Ho Chi Minh city in the late afternoon. The trip ends.
- A/c car/van for pick up, transfer & sightseeing as per program.
- Boat trips in the Mekong delta.
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Cooking class
- Meals as indicated in the program (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch )
- Mineral water, wet tissue
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal costs & tips