Excursion by motorbike to Mai Chau valley – 3 days 2 nights
Located in Hoa Binh province in the northwest of Vietnam about 160km (99 miles) from Hanoi. 4 hours driving takes you passt wonderful limestone mountains, lush rice paddies endless sugarcane plantations and small villages.
The beautiful and peaceful Mai Chau valley is a place where the air is clean and fresh, the woman are skilled from generations of weaving and are naturally beautiful, a place where a simple and slower paced lifestyle is enviable.... a perfect 3 day culture excursion...
Destinations: Hanoi - Mai Chau - Hang Kia village - Van village - Khoe village
- - Enjoy the stunning mountainous landscape on the way.
- - Free to explore the nature as well as the people here.
Day 1: Hanoi - Mai Chau - Hang Kia village (L, D)
- - After breakfast we depart Hanoi for Hoa Binh province and Mai Chau valley.
- - Ride for four hours passing the fields of tapioca and sugar cane as well as rice paddies.
- - After lunch in a traditional stilt house of the Thai people, continue riding for one hour to Sa Linh Village to begin our trekking.
- - In the afternoon walk along gravel tracks and small paths used by the locals.
- - In the evening, visit the Hang Kia village, home of the H'mong Minority people.
- - Here we stay overnight as the guests of an H'mong family in a traditional long house, situated in a picturesque valley of peach orchards.
- - Overnight in guest house.
Day 2: Hang Kia village - Van village (B, L, D)
- - Today we get well and truly off the beaten track as we trek through tropical rain forest, using the local tracks and passing through cornfields as we descend in to Mai Chau Valley.
- - Along the way we can encounter the local villagers as they go about their daily business: whether it be tilling the fields, logging or herding buffalo.
- - The trek usually takes around 7 hours and is quite steep in places.
- - Enjoy the lunch en route and if the weather permitts, we will have a picnic near a babbling brook at the foot of the valley.
- - From here we pass through several White Thai villages which is unspoiled by human activities.
- - Arrive at Van village by late afternoon and have time to walk around this charming little village, enabling us to understand a little more about how the people live.
- - There, we will be toasted as honored guests and will be able to sample some of their homemade rice wine!
Day 3: Van village - Khoe - Hanoi (B, L)
- - After breakfast ride for a couple of hours passing through several more Thai hamlets.
- - When we get to Khoe we leave the bikes in the village then we walk on the valley floor and are surrounded by rice paddies and beautiful scenery.
- - On return to the village we ride back to Mai Chau.
- - Enjoy lunch in Lac Village and there is also the chance to do a little souvenir shopping before we return to Hanoi.
- - Arrive in Hanoi around 6:00 pm. The trip ends.
- Motorbikes (Minsk-125cc or similar): 01 bike/ person
- All petrol (gasoline), helmets,
- Rain gear
- Motorbike jacket
- 02 nights in the local guest house
- Local English Speaking guide
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: 02 Breakfasts (B), 03 Lunches (L), 02 Dinners (D)
- All entrance fees
- Visa to Vietnam
- Any other transportations are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Meals are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tip for guide
- Other personal expenses