Halong Bay through sports – 4 days 3 nights
The tour includes such sights as Halong bay, Viet Hai village, Cat Ba town, Cat Ba National Park. Different outdoor activities have been added to the tour – kayaking Halong bay, kayaking Cat Ba Island, biking Viet hai village, jungle trek Cat Ba national park, rock climbing Cat Ba.
You will have the opportunity to spend one night on board junk, one night at ecolodge and one night at hotel. Luxury beach resort is also available for luxury travel requirements.
Destinations: Hanoi - Halong Bay - Lan Ha Bay - Cat Ba island
- Beautiful and different kayaking route.
- Cycle in village.
- Great trek in jungle.
- Amazing limestone formations.
- Full equipped luxury overnight junk.
Day 1: Hanoi – Halong Bay Kayaking (L, D & G)
- - Joins our sharing shuttle bus and enjoy 3-hour drive to Halong Bay through the rich farmlands of the Red River Delta and the scenery of rice fields, water buffalo and everyday Vietnamese village life
- - . Arrive in Halong around noon and board the Bai Tho traditional sailing junk (or similar).
- - Whilst cruising the exquisite waters sample the regions fresh seafood.
- - Visits the recently discovered Surprise Grotto with its great views, and on the next island see the yawning mouth of Bo Nau Cave.
- - Alternatively, journey to Dau Go Cave and nearby see the famous stalagmites and stalactites of Thien Cung Cave.
- - Enjoy one-hour kayaking tour on the emerald waters of Halong Bay.
- - Watch the sun set over the bay whilst enjoying a delicious dinner.
- - Overnight on board junk.
Day 2: Halong Bay – Lan Ha Bay - Cat Ba Island Cycling (B, L, D & G)
- - Have breakfast, picked up by another boat and transferred to Lan Ha Bay.
- - Lying in the northeastern Cat Ba Island, Lan Ha bay is famous for its striking beauty of the natural and mysterious landscape views. Briefing and gear-up before start paddling through Lan Ha Bay.
- - Around noon, we will return to our support boat.
- - Lunch will be provided on the boat.
- - Drop off at Viet Hai pier.
- - Then, cycle from Viet Hai wharf to Viet Hai village (3km).
- - Dinner and overnight in Viet Hai Ecolodge.
Day 3: Cat Ba Island Trekking (B, L, D & G)
- - Enjoys a half day trekking from Viet Hai village through Cat Ba National Park.
- - We’ll have the chance to see the panorama of Halong Bay from one of the mountain summits we would conquer during the trek.
- - Picnic lunch will be provided en route.
- - Arrives at the other side of the park around early afternoon.
- - Picked up by local motor-taxi drivers and transferred to Cat Ba town for check-in hotel.
- - Dinner and overnight at hotel in Cat Ba Island.
Day 4: Cat Ba Rock Climbing - Hanoi (B, L & G)
- - Have a short briefing about rock climbing, enjoy a half-hour drive into the small farming village of Lien Minh.
- - Learn some basic instruction and introduction to Rock Climbing before enjoying about three hours guided Rock Climbing in Butterfly Valley.
- - Have lunch either in Lien Minh Park or in a local restaurant in Cat Ba town.
- - Takes a speed boat to travel to Hai Phong, where our vehicle will wait for us for the drive back to Hanoi.
- - End of services.
• Full equipped en-suite cabin with A/C, hot water
• Private transfers on tours
• Meals as specified (no drink)
• English-speaking guide
• Mineral water and cold towel on car/van/bus
• Entrance and sightseeing fees
• Sit-in kayak (single or double depending on availability)
• Accommodation based on twin shared room at selected hotels with daily breakfast
• UIAA certified Climbing Equipment, Climbing Shoes and standard kayaks.
• Vietnam visa arrangements (If required)
• Drinks & Other personal expenses
• Travel insurance
• Others not mentioned in the itinerary
Accommodation offer in this trip:
In Halong Bay
Luxury: Victory Star Cruise - Designed by combination of traditional features with modern and luxury style.
Deluxe: Victory Cruise - Inspired from traditional beauty and special classic cruise in Halong Bay
Budget: Bai Tho Junk - Equipped modern furniture with its special styles made from rattan or precious brown timber.
In Cat Ba Island
Luxury: Cat Ba Sunrise Resort - newly built beach resort overlooking Lan Ha Bay
Deluxe: Cat Ba Island Resort & Spa - newly built beach resort overlooking the bay
Budget: Viet Hai Eco Lodge - Nestled in dramatic forested hills 13 km from Cat Ba Town
Holiday View Hotel – A new high-rise building overlooking Lan Ha Bay, close to the beaches
* Please note that Vietnam hotels do not recognise provisional reservations, so specific hotels cannot be guaranteed until you have booked your chosen tour. As many of the better hotels are often full during the October to April peak season, early booking is advisable.