Discover Phong Nha national park – 3 days 2 nights
Fly into Dong Hoi and experience Phong Nha National Park, a UNESCO Heritage Site and natural wonder. Enjoy discovering the pristine environmental landscape of this area while actively exploring the many caves.
Take refreshing dips in hot springs and marvel at the monolithic limestone karsts before visiting the Vinh Moc Tunnels to learn about the area's intriguing war history.
Destinations: Dong Hoi - Vinh Moc
- - Experience Phong Nha national park and enjoy the pristine natural landscape of this area.
- - Take refreshing dips in hot springs and marvel at the monolithic limestone karsts.
- - Visit Vinh Moc Tunnels to learn about the area's intriguing war history.
Day 1: Dong Hoi arrival
- - This tour includes the UNESCO World Heritage site of Phong Nha National Park, renowned historical sites, and beach relaxation.
- - Enjoy natural beauty, active exploration of caves and waterfalls, area war history and the coast.
- - Meet, greet, and transfer by private guide and car upon arrival.
- - Overnight in Dong Hoi.
Day 2: Dong Hoi national park tour (B, L)
- - After breakfast, transfer 1 hour to the town of Phong Nha to spend the day exploring the National Park.
- - Start with a drive on historic road, Victory Route 20, built by volunteers during the Vietnam / American war.
- - Continue on to historically renowned 8-Lady Cave, a memorial for solders that lost their lives, trapped in a cave during the war.
- - Afterwards head to Paradise Cave, opened to the public in 2010, where you have a chance to see one of the larger and most impressive accessible caves in the area.
- - After you climb over 400 stairs, you will see the large entrance of this cave.
- - Descend into the cave on a wooden walkway, made to protect and preserve the fragile cave formations. This walkway continues for 1 km through the enormous, well lit cave.
- - After your visit, transfer on to a small local café for lunch. After lunch, change into swimsuits at the café if continuing on to Nuoc Mooc Springs.
- - Embark on a visit to Nuoc Mooc Springs. Or if you prefer, continue walking to Dark Cave, a relatively short cave, with a large entrance.
- - Return to Dong Hoi.
- - Overnight in Dong Hoi.
Day 3: Vinh Moc (B, L)
- - After breakfast, head south for the day to explore the Vinh Moc Tunnels.
- - The Vinh Moc village story is a feat of humanity and resistance. In order to escape heavy bombardment during the war, the villagers constructed approximately 2.8 km of underground tunnels which they used as a refuge to survive the bombings. Three hundred people lived intermittently in the tunnels from 1966 to 1971. Explore the tunnels and enjoy the beautiful sea view upon exit!
- - In the afternoon, enjoy relaxing on the beach until your evening flight onwards.
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- English or French speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance