Visit Ha Giang the roof of Vietnam – 5 days 4 nights
Traveling through some of the north's most dramatic scenery, our tour to Ha Giang and the far north is a fantastic journey into this mountainous region. Encounter fascinating hilltribes, be captivated by the pristine landscapes and gain an understand of the intense relationship between these people and this land.
Scenic beauty coupled with diverse cultures, our Roof of Vietnam tour is a sensational journey into one of the country's most remote regions.
- - Enjoy the beautiful primitive scenery of Vietnam's countryside en route.
- - Visit villages of the Tay, H'mong and Tay people.
Day 1: Hanoi - Thai Nguyen - Ba Be (L)
- - Depart your hotel this morning at 0730 for a 02 hour drive to Thai Nguyen.
- - En route visit the Thai Nguyen Museum of Ethnology to learn about the tribal people in the mountainous region of northern Vietnam.
- - Continue 105 km drive to Na Phac and Cho Ra enjoying picturesque landscapes along the road. Stop for a late lunch in Cho Ra Town.
- - After lunch head to Ba Be and spend the rest of the afternoon exploring Ba Be National Park and lake on a local boat cruise.
- - At the end of the day, transfer to the village of the Tay in Pac Ngoi.
- - Overnight in a local house in Pac Ngoi Village.
Day 2: Ba Be - Meo Vac (B, L)
- - After breakfast drive 79 km to Tinh Tuc. On arrival, enjoy the stunning scenery of Colia Pass and take a short walk to visit a village of the Zao Tien before having a coffee break.
- - Head to Bao Lac for an hour walk around the village of San Chay ethnic people. Lunch break in Bao Lac.
- - After lunch continue to drive along Gam River for 21 km to Ly Bon traveling up steep mountains discovering the remotest land of Cao Bang to Meo Vac town let of Ha Giang province.
- - Take an hour walking through the fascinating valley of Niem Son and discover the cultural life of Nung ethnic people.
- - Overnight in Meo Vac.
Day 3: Meo Vac - Dong Van - Yen Minh (B, L)
- - Spend 2 hours in the morning to attend the week-end market of local tribal people in this town let or leave Meo Vac at 07.30 for 17 km drive to Lung Phin to attend the most crowded and famous market in the region.
- - Back to Meo Vac and drive over the Ma Pi Leng Pass to enjoy its magnificent and spectacular scenery en route.
- - Visit Ma Pi Leng II village of the Hmong people set amongst limestone rocks where the highest value of fresh water and cultivating land can be seen evidently.
- - Arrive in Dong Van and enjoy an hour walking through this stunning valley, explore the market and the ancient street of Dong Van before lunch.
- - After lunch, follow the narrow road through Ma Le and Lung Tao communes offers marvelous scenery of the Rocky Plateau.
- - Visit a small village of the Hmong at Lung Tao before heading to Xa Phin valley.
- - Spend an hour visiting the historical site of the Vuong family palace who ruled over the region, control opium production and trading until 1945.
- - Then continue an hour drive through a series of magnificent valleys surrounded by wall-up mountain, enjoy another walk to visit the Lung Cam Tren village.
- - Leave Lung Can and transfer mostly downhill the Pho Cao pass for Yen Minh lush valley.
- - Overnight in Yen Minh.
Day 4: Yen Minh - Quan Ba - Ha Giang - Hoang Su Phi (B, L, D)
- - After breakfast depart for Lung Tam while enjoying the breathtaking landscapes of Yen Minh Pass.
- - Arrive at Lung Tam commune, spend time to visit a souvernir shop.
- - Continue the drive over stunning Quan Ba Pass which offers the fascinating scenery en route visit another village of the Hmong people.
- - Arrive in Ha Giang at noon and stop for lunch break.
- - Enjoy an hour walk to explore the Me village and then transfer 105km to Quang Vinh town let of Hoang Su Phi district.
- - Arrive at your hotel in late afternoon, check in hotel and enjoy dinner.
- - Overnight at Pan Hou Lodge in Hoang Su Phi.
Day 5: Hoang Su Phi - Xin Man - Bac Ha - Lao Cai - Hanoi (B, L)
- - Spend 2 hours joining local market of Flower Hmong, Red Zao, Nung and Tay people which is famous for its cattle exchanging on the large ground on the bank of the Chay River.
- - Leave Hoang Su Phi for 100km excursion along Chinese border through the Chay River Massif and explore local life for the Flower Hmong, Tay and Nung.
- - Spend 02 hours walking through Lung Cai commune which is beautifully set on a high mountain range, overlooking down a narrow and steep valley where the Chay River winding its way between Vietnam and China.
- - Arrive to Bac Ha town at noon, visit to Hoang A Tuong Castle before having a lunch break.
- - After lunch explore the mighty Ban Pho valley before driving another 2 hours downhill to Lao Cai.
- - Take the overnight train back to Hanoi.
- - Overnight on the train in a soft sleeper compartment.
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room
- Train tickets based on shared cabin rates
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- English speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Supplement of room rate at Panhou lodge during Jan, Feb & Dec. (USD 7 – net/room/ night)
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance