Northeast Motorbike Venture – 5 days 4 nights
This area offers breathtaking views and interesting subcultures. The North East mountainous areas of Ba Be Lake, Cao Bang and Ha Giang offer unique opportunities for rugged motorcycle rides and trekking routes. It is the least traveled area of the north and often attracts the more hardy travelers craving a glimpse of some of the more remote ethnic minority people.
Destinations: Hanoi - Ba Be - Cao Bang - Lang Son
- - Get new experiences with motorbike trip to the northeastern Vietnam.
- - Enjoy a boat trip on Ba Be lake.
Day 1: Ha Noi - Thai Nguyen - Ba Be National Park (240km/7hours) (L, D)
- - Depart from the office at 8:00 am.
- - As we head out of Ha Noi, over the Red River on the Thang Long bridge, the suburbs quickly give way to the sprawling farm lands of the Red River Delta.
- - Travel north along Hwy 3 to Thai Nguyen for a stop to enjoy a lunch of traditional Vietnamese food. Worth a visit here is the Museum of the Cultures of Viet Nam Ethnic Groups.
- - Leaving the delta behind, we ride through into the mountainous area of Ba Be National Park. Arrive in center of National Park in the afternoon.
- - Have a short break, we then ride down to the hill to visit Tay village. After check in homestay, we will have free time to walk and visit around.
- - Dinner and overnight in a traditional stilt house of Tay minority people.
Day 2: Ba Be National Park - Cao Bang (130km/4 hours) (B, L, D)
- - Ba Be National Park, surrounded by rugged limestone mountains it is Viet Nams only natural mountain lake.
- - Have breakfast with Tay hosts. The lush forest clinging to the surrounding mountains is your backdrop as we explore the lake. Reach the end of the lake and stop for a trek to Dau Dang waterfall.
- - We then go back to village by local boat. Take our bikes, head north through the lush mountain passes to the city of Cao Bang.
- - Overnight in Hotel.
Day3: Cao Bang - Ban Gioc Waterfall - Cao Bang (180km/6hours) (B, L, D)
- - After breakfast we ride to Ban Gioc, visit the waterfall. On this day we'll take a scenic in insightful day trip north of Cao Bang to the beautiful Ban Gioc waterfall on the Chinese border.
- - The drive there offers unique landscapes, limestone karst formations soar from the verdant rice paddies of the surrounding farms of local ethnic minorities.
- - Along the way, we'll stop some villages to meet the local people as Tay, Hmong and Dzao ethnic minority groups.
- - Heading back to Cao Bang, stop to explore the expansive 2,144 meter Nguom Ngao Cavern to discover its brilliant stalactites.
- - Return to Cao Bang and overnight in Hotel.
Day 4 : Cao Bang - Lang Son (140kms/4 hours) (B, L, D)
- - Before departing Cao Bang, consider climbing the hill up to the War Memorial, it offers a great panoramic view of the area.
- - Continue our journey for driving along famous Highway 4.
- - Lang Son is the capital of this mountainous area and is an important crossing and trading route with China, the area is home to Dzao, Man, Tho and Nung ethnic minority groups.
- - Overnight in Hotel.
Day 5 : Lang Son - Ha Noi (165 km/4 hours) (B, L)
- - As a trading post, Lang Son has two markets worth visiting, the Old Market and the Dong Kinh Market. We'll find everything from electronics and gadgets to textiles and house wares.
- - If the markets aren't your thing then just a couple of kilometers from town are two large beautiful caves and the ruins of the Mac Dynasty Citadel worth a visit. Tam Thanh Cave contains a pond and offers great views of the surrounding farmlands.
- - Nhi Thanh Cave, formed by the river that flows through it, has poems carved into the entrance by the man who discovered the cave in the 18th century. After morning of exploration its time for lunch and prepare for the trip back to Ha Noi.
- - The highway from Lang Son is a modern 4 lane divided highway that quickly carries down from the mountains, back onto the Red River Delta and into Ha Noi.
- - Arrive in Hanoi around 6:00 pm. The trip ends.
- Motorbikes (Minsk-125cc or similar): 01 bike/ per person
- Waterproof saddle-bags,helmets,
- Rain gear
- Motorbike jacket
- All petrol (gasoline)
- 01 night in local stilt house
- Hotel in twin share room
- Boat trip on Ba Be Lake
- Local English Speaking guide
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: 04 Breakfasts (B), 05 Lunches (L), 04 Dinners (D)
- All entrance fees
- Visa to Vietnam
- Any other transportations are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Meals are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tip for guide
- Other personal expenses