Trekking into Pu Luong Natural Reserve – 6 days 5 nights
The Pu Luong Nature Reserve is an area of outstanding beauty, unique cultural and high biodiversity values, spreading from Mai Chau in the Northwest to Cuc Phuong National Park in the south east. The region is blessed with rich forest, limestone panoramas, magnificent rice terraces and breathtaking scenery.
On this 6-day trip you can experience the daily life and culture of Thai and Muong ethnic minorities and spend nights with hospitable locals...
Destinations: Hanoi - Mai Chau - Pu Luong - Kho Muong village - Cao Hoong village - Cao village - Canh Nang town
- - Spend the nights with a local Thai family who will be our hosts in a traditional house built on stilts, observe daily life activities of the locals.
- - Along the way have a great view of fields of tapioca and sugar cane as well as rice paddies.
- - Visit small hamlets and minority villages such as Kho Muong village, Cao Hoong village,Cao village...
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Pu Luong (L, D)
- - At 08.00 pick up at hotel and transfer to Pu Luong Natural Reserve via Mai Chau.
- - Reach Mai Chau valley by noon, have lunch in Pom Coong Village.
- - Continue driving 22km further into the reserve where begin our trek.
- - Trek for approximately 3 hrs before arriving at Hang Village, which is home to Thai ethnic minority.
- - Spend the night with a local Thai family, stroll around the village to observe daily life activities of the locals and have dinner there.
Day 2: Trek to Kho Muong Village (B, L, D)
- - Have breakfast in the home stay before the big trek.
- - Walk for around 6 hours on a rocky path running through jungle, stop and have lunch in a village along the way.
- - After lunch, pass through several Thai villages before arriving at the village of Kho Muong.
- - Stay overnight in Muong minority village.
Day 3: Trek to Cao Hoong Village (B, L, D)
- - After bresakfast, climb to the Pu Luong range, pass through a number of small hamlets and minority villages.
- - After 3 hours descend to Cao Hoong, a village of Thai ethnic minority people, where spend the night in local home.
Day 4: Trek to Cao Village (B, L, D)
- - After breakfast, begin trekking around 6 hours, following uphill and downhill through forest, rice terraces and scenic villages.
- - On the trek have an opportunity to see farmers working on rice paddies and children going to school, have a break for lunch in a local village.
- - Spend the night in the Thai village of Cao.
Day 5: Cao Village – Canh Nang Town – Mai Chau (B, L, D)
- - After breakfast trek toward Ma River.
- - After 2 hours trek reach Pho Doan Town and visit the local market.
- - Be picked up and transferred to Mai Chau for a late lunch.
- - Homestay in Pom Coong village.
Day 6: Mai Chau – Hanoi (B, L)
- - Take a stroll in Mai Chau Valley to observe daily life activities of the locals.
- - Have lunch in local house before driving back to Hanoi.
- - Arrive in Hanoi around 5 pm, the trip ends.
- Private round-trip transfer with A/C
- English or French speaking guide
- Meals as mentioned in program (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner) in the local restaurants or picnics where no suitable restaurant available.
- Home stay permission
- Local cook
- Entrance fees, sight seeing fee for all visits as mentioned in the program.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Drinks, tips, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Other things not clearly mentioned in the included list.